This August, DOOLEYS were proud to announce just under $200,000 in Category One ClubGRANTS funding. Administered by Cumberland City Council and City of Parramatta Council, local Clubs collaborated to evaluate and allocate funding to charities and organisations creating change in our local community.
Through the Cumberland 2022 ClubGRANTS Scheme, DOOLEYS have provided funding for:
- Australian Red Cross – Young Parents Program
- Autism Spectrum Australia – Classroom Sensory Resources for the ASPECT classrooms in Auburn and Regents Park
- CASS Care – Laugh with COVID-19 Blues
- Be Unstoppable Foundation – Positive Mental Health for Women
- Child Abuse Prevention Service – Safe Arrival Program
- Fitted for Work – Women’s Economic Empowerment Program
- Odyssey House NSW – AOD Counselling and Education
- OzHarvest – Cumberland Food Rescue
- Mercy Works Limited – Mercy Connect Refugee Mentoring Program
- St Francis Social Services – FEAST Community Lunch Program
- The Royal Life Saving Society NSW – Youth Life Saver Project
- The Shepherd Centre – Talk Together
DOOLEYS are proud to continue collaborating with Wenty Leagues Club again in 2022, part-funding two incredible projects in our local community:
- Be Unstoppable Foundation – Unstoppable Kids Program: A school-delivered program designed to help high school students understand symptoms of 'adverse mental health' (stress, anxiety, depression). The program teaches coping strategies to prevent the illnesses and cultivate mental strength and ‘positive mental health’.
- Cumberland Women’s Health Centre – Girls Talk: A group program targeting girls aged 11-12 years. It aims to encourage positive self-image/identity and expectations about relationships. It's a primary prevention program to improve long term community safety by providing a safe, fun environment.
DOOLEYS provided $10,000 in funding to one organisation, Turbans 4 Australia, under the City of Parramatta Council Local Committee. Servicing over 500 families every week, DOOLEYS funding will assist the Clyde Community Pantry in providing support hampers with staple food items and non-perishable personal care items to people in need.