We hope this message finds you and your family well as we continue to navigate our way through these unprecedented times.
It has now been seven weeks since DOOLEYS was instructed by the Government to temporarily close our doors due to the COVID-19 pandemic. During this time, we have been working hard to stay engaged with our members and our employees.
Here is just a few of the things we have been up to:
- We have launched our DOOLEYS Express takeaway menu which is trading from12-7pm each day from 28 John Street, Lidcombe (8 Dragons Restaurant). Please click here to view our full menu - www.dooleys.com/DOOLEYSExpress
- We have also launched a ‘Free Coffee’ initiative for all frontline medical and emergency services personnel… just one small way we can say thank you for all that they do
- We have been contacting members by phone to check on their wellbeing and assist in any way we can
- We have been able to assist members with referrals to local community services that are able to assist with support and emergency relief packages for more vulnerable residents
- When we closed back in late March, we were able to donate all the fresh produce we had onsite to The Salvation Army Auburn to support their Food for Life program for vulnerable families
- We have been staying connected via social media - Our DOOLEYS Health+Fitness staff have been providing regular at home workouts for our members to enjoy and we have also been actively posting messages to support people's personal and mental wellbeing
Last week, the Prime Minister outlined a three step pathway to easing restrictions across the country. The pace of these three steps will be determined by the individual State Governments. In NSW, the government is taking a cautious approach due to the higher levels of infection in our state. In light of this, DOOLEYS will remain closed until restrictions are further eased and it is viable for us to welcome our Members and guests back to our venues.
We eagerly await advice from the NSW State Government and Health Department and in the meantime, we are busy making plans behind the scenes to ensure we are ready to open. The safety, health and wellbeing of our members and employees has always been our number one priority and this will continue when we reopen with additional hygiene and safety measures in place.
While we have not been able to physically share each other’s company and conversation, please know that your DOOLEYS Board, management and employees are thinking of you all and wishing you all the best during these challenging times. Thank you for your continued loyalty and support.
Until such time as we are able to reopen our doors, please continue to stay safe and follow us on Facebook or here on our website for further updates.
Chief Executive Officer