Whilst the year has certainly presented its challenges, DOOLEYS Clubs has continued to remain agile, adapting and overcoming the ongoing hurdles COVID-19 continues to present.
During 2020-21, DOOLEYS Clubs contributed over $2.2 million in Corporate Social Responsibility activities directly to our local community through ClubGRANTS funding, sponsorships, local projects, charity support, in-kind assistance, and harm minimisation initiatives.
With an overall vision of ‘Bringing People Together’, DOOLEYS Clubs has a clear Community Engagement Plan which focus on developing partnerships and building the capacity of local communities of identified need.
2020-2021 partnerships include funding support for:
- Mentoring programs for refugee students
- Essential food items for people in need during the COVID lockdown
- Mental health programs for young kids
- Domestic and family violence prevention programs
- Literacy support for disadvantaged children (ClubGRANTS 2021 Recipient Learning Links pictured above)
- Vital equipment to assist people living with multiple sclerosis
- And much more
The year has been like no other as the COVID-19 pandemic greatly impacted our social and economic life. Locally, responding to the needs of our community during a time of rapid change and uncertainty has certainly been a challenge for many and one DOOLEYS continues to remain focused on.