Ok so lockdown boredom finally got to you and one fine day you decided to venture into the kitchen to try a few recipes and now the unimaginable has happened......
You consider yourself a #LOCKDOWNCHEF. We've all been there!
But how good really is your cooking skills?
Is it good enough to match it with the best of the best lockdown chefs and be part of the DOOLEYS Cook Off?
If you think so, here's what you have to do:
- Try our delicious Fettucine Boscaiola recipe below
- Snap a photo of the final product
- Post on your Facebook or Instagram page and tag us @dooleysclubs
- Best dish as judged by our DOOLEYS Chefs will WIN a $200 DOOLEYS Eftpos Card and the title of ultimate lockdown chef
FETTUCINE BOSCAIOLA RECIPE
- 90 grams dry fettuccine cooked to packet instructions
- 20 grams butter
- 20 grams bacon cut into strips
- 80 grams chicken breast sliced thinly
- 20 grams button mushroom
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 20 mls white wine
- 200 mls thickened cream
- 40 grams grated parmesan
- 10 grams thinly slice green shallots
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a wide pan melt butter until it just starts to bubble.
- Add the chicken and brown lightly.
- Add the bacon, mushrooms and garlic and cook for a further minute.
- Deglaze with wine and add cream.
- Bring to the boil, stirring and reduce to a simmer, continue to cook until you begin to see the cream thickening, take care not to over thicken or you will end up with a split oily sauce and season to taste.
- Add the cooked pasta and 20 grams of parmesan and toss well.
- Serve and garnish with remaining parmesan and sliced shallots.
- Bon Appetit.
Note: All ingredients are per 1 portion, and need to be multiplied for any additional serves.