Coronavirus (or COVID-19) continues to dominate our news headlines as new cases are reported both here in Australia and across the world.
DOOLEYS number one priority is the safety of our Members, guests and staff.
Our proactive approach means the following actions have been in place for a number of weeks:
- Additional hand sanitiser is available throughout all DOOLEYS venues
- Additional cleaning and sanitising of high usage areas throughout all DOOLEYS venues
- Disposable gloves are readily available for all employees to use
- Staff have been fully briefed about basic protective health measures
- Staff who have recently travelled overseas are required to self-isolate for a period of 14 days and require medical clearance before they return to work
- Daily briefings to review current status and implement any additional measures as needed
DOOLEYS continues to monitor the situation and follows the advice of the NSW Department of Health in adopting the following protocol:
If you or a member of your family have recently returned from overseas, you are required by the government to self-isolate for 14 days. This means you will be unable to visit DOOLEYS during this time.
WHAT CAN I DO?
It is important to remember that the best defence against any virus is the practice of good protective health measures. Following the simple steps below will go a long way to ensuring you are protected:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water (for at least 20 seconds) or with alcohol-based hand sanitiser especially before and after eating, and after using the bathroom or other public spaces
- Cover your cough or sneeze and dispose of tissues immediately
- Limit physical contact with others (i.e. hugging, kissing and handshakes)
- Isolate yourself from others if you are feeling unwell (fever, cough, sore throat or shortness of breath) and seek medical attention if concerned
- Stay informed about the latest developments – seek expert information from the World Health Organisation (www.who.int) and NSW Department of Health (www.health.nsw.gov.au)
DOOLEYS continues to monitor the COVID-19 situation closely. Our approach is to manage the situation in a calm and measured way, and if required to act swiftly and communicate clearly.
Your support and assistance during this time is very much appreciated.