Yesterday the Prime Minister announced new measures to control the spread of Covid-19. These new measures include restrictions on ‘non-essential’ gatherings and are capped at 100 people per indoor area and 500 people per outdoor area.
As always, our number one priority is the health and safety of our Members, guests and employees. We take these new restrictions very seriously and will be ensuring we are compliant across all our venues.
With these restrictions in mind, we remain open for business however will be implementing the following changes:
- Cancellation of weekly Club activities at all venues including but not limited to Bingo, Raffles, Mahjong, Trivia and Cash Housie
- Suspension of all Club member promotions
- Cancellation of April events including Eggstravagant Raffle, Musical Memories, school holiday activities and ANZAC Day services. All ticket holders will receive a full refund
- Cancellation of all Intra Club activities
Additional operational changes to ensure your health and safety are also now in place:
- Single use menus at all food and beverage outlets
- Cutlery will be delivered to customers with their meals
- All condiments (salt & pepper, sauces, coasters, sugar, stirrers) will be removed from public areas and provided to customers on request
- Active implementation of social distancing measures including removal of tables from dining areas and limiting number of gaming machines available for use
- New defined floor plans are designed to maintain social distancing and are for everyone’s health and safety – we appreciate your cooperation in leaving tables in their current position
- All employees are being temperature checked with a non-contact temperature device before commencing their rostered shift
- Existing proactive hygiene and cleaning standards will be maintained
DOOLEYS continues to monitor the situation closely and will of course follow the advice of all official government departments.
As an additional measure to ensure everyone’s health and safety, next week we will be launching temperature checking for all Members and guests as they enter the Club. If you present with a temperature outside the normal range, you will not be permitted to enter the Club at that time.
We are a strong local community club as well as one of the largest local employers. Our commitment is to ensure the health and wellbeing of our Members, guests and employees whilst also providing a safe and welcoming environment for people to enjoy during this challenging time.
As a valued member of DOOLEYS, I thank you for your understanding and support. Should you wish to discuss this matter in more detail, please do not hesitate to contact us via our website.